Thursday, December 24, 2009

Snowy VI: Camp Death

It's finally here! Have a great Christmas and New Year! See you in 2010!



Also available on Newgrounds in FLASH!

I should note that this will be my very last SWF movie. I have used flash for 9 long years and as my animations have become more lengthy and complex, flash hasn't kept up. They have allowed many problems to linger without any attempt to fix them, such as: audio going out of sync with long timelines, graphics corrupting and blinking for no reason, a 16,000 frame limit, a broken quicktime export (seriously, why do they keep this option in each version?), no audio export (mac only), jerky animation, and I could go on. Hell, I can't even use CS4 because it refuses to open my cartoons made in Cs3 and earlier. The program seems to have moved in favor of game developers, which is fine, but I just wish they would release an "animators only" version.

After much consideration, I've decided that I will construct all my future cartoons using Premiere, After Effects, and Final Cut Pro, still making the actual animation in Flash, but with several short FLA's for all the different scenes. I believe this change will give me the freedom to expand and also make better animations.

As for Newgrounds, I will still upload there by compressing my videos to SWF format using After Effects. Many other popular artist already do this, and nobody seems to mind.